12.06.2008

Back to school...
Isaiah is planning on going back to school. He wants to be an art teacher, which is cool. We figured he can get his Masters in Education first, and use that to sub while he gets his BA in the arts. I'm pretty excited for him... I want him to be happy with his career choice when we decide to start a family. However, this plan will require a lifestyle change for us... For starters, I'm going to get a second job. This kind of stresses me out, but I know that it is only for a season. Also, it means that our potential plans to buy a house or land is temporarily postponed. We really like where we are living, and since our cousin is living with us rent isn't so bad. I'm actually really grateful that he is pursuing this. He has been so frustrated with his current job, not feeling like he's making much difference in the world, and I think he will go into school with a new fire burning in his belly. How are you supposed to know what you want to do with your life at 19? The system is so backwards!
Anyway, I've dropped off six different applications... not too many people are hiring these days for obvious reasons. So say a little prayer for me : ) Love you all!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you two,
Know that the Benham's are praying for both of you by name and for your individual needs . We miss you guys.
I know this might sound sarcastic but I am curious to what is in the future plans for the Train house?

What is Zuzuni? said...

The train house is always in the works : ) We will see what the better deal is at this auction we are going to! Love you guys, thanks for your prayers!

Debra and Eric said...

Hey girl! That's great that Isaiah has passion and purpose with this career choice! How fulfilling. I remember feeling very useless and goal-less for a while too when I had no idea where I was going, or why. That's awesome that God's given him this passion. We will be praying as well!

Girls, when are we going to do WBSS next???? I miss you all WAY too much! Seriously...I'm free anytime. It's you teachers that need to coordinate a weekend/break. :) I love you Rach!

Anonymous said...

Well, we do miss you all and MUST get WBSS Weekend on the calendar again. What about doing it in May over Memorial Day weekend? I love you all girlies! XOXO!

Anonymous said...

Hi, haven't checked your blog since the marathon! I think the P F Chang run would be much more fun, although not a marathon, but that is the whole point. I'm sorry to read of your loss, but proud that you work with these wonderful little souls. Yes, Isaiah should find his niche. He never has been thrilled with his job. Love, you Rachel..Grandma
hat is the idea!