11.19.2008

God's Little Angel



Last weekend, after fighting for her life and her every breath, a former student of mine went to be with Jesus. I can't even express in words the ache that I feel inside for the loss of this precious life. Although, I know that she is in heaven right now, running, talking, laughing and blowing kisses to all her friends and family... I would love to see that. The thing is, I know that I will experience loss; it comes with the work that I do, but the reality of it all is so painful. I've been with some of my students for 3 years, and I can't imagine what I would do if I lost them. I don't know; I guess her death puts too much into perspective for me. Anyway, please be praying for the family, our classes and staff.

Death is not extinguishing the light; it is putting out the lamp because dawn has come.
--Rabindranath Tagore

1 comment:

Jen said...

I will totally pray for the family, staff, and you. I love you!!